If you are used to throwing away watermelon peels after eating a juicy slice, from today you can say no more waste.
Throwing away a watermelon peel is wasteful because we can recycle it by making a delicious watermelon jam.
You can spread this fresh and fragrant jam on any food. Besides, you can store it in the refrigerator even for a whole month.
The process of making the jam is very simple. At the same time, we will recycle a food that is antioxidant and full of vitamins.
The ingredients to be used to prepare this tasty watermelon jam are:
- 1 grated lemon or orange peel
- 200 g of sugar
- 600 g of watermelon rind
- Juice of one lemon or orange
- We take our watermelon and divide it into several pieces. Next, again using a knife, we divide the pulp from the peel.
- Once we finish this operation, let us set aside the pulp so that we can eat it later.
- After that, we take the weight of the peel indicated in the list and carefully cut off the remaining attached pulp and then dice it.
- We transfer the diced pulp to a small saucepan and then add the grated peel of one lemon. Next, we also pour in the juice of the same lemon and the sugar. We stir everything with a spoon and then cover the saucepan. After that, we let the resulting mixture stand for about 30 minutes.
- At the end of half an hour we place the saucepan on the stove. We cook the mixture for 35 to 40 minutes, always covering with a lid.
- Once the desired result is obtained, we remove the pot from the heat and with an immersion blender we go to process the pulp. Mind you: depending on our taste we can blend the fruit completely or leave some pieces.
- After that we put the made puree back on the stove until we get the consistency of a jam.
- All that remains is to let the result cool to room temperature. After that, we just need to transfer the jam into a glass jar.
You will never be able to do without this special watermelon jam again.
Enjoy your meal