White shoes are the ones that get dirty most easily. It is easy for them to already have a mark or stain shortly after wearing them, either from rubbing against the other shoe or against some dirty surface on the street.
If indeed your favorite sneakers are stained and you don’t know how to make them like new again, don’t worry, we explain how to wash white sneakers with 2 different methods.
Off-white shoes, other than bleach: this is how you remove all the stains
Mainly, there are two ways to wash and bleach white sneakers that will depend on the type of fabric of your shoes: whether they are leather or fabric. For white leather sneakers, it is advisable to clean them by hand so as not to ruin the material and flaunt them specially if they are brand new. While, for white fabric sneakers, you can wash them by hand or in the washing machine.
Next, we explain 2 different home methods on how to clean white sneakers without using harsh products. Take note of these effective cleaning methods that are ideal for restoring the original white color to your shoes.
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide :
How to easily whiten sneakers? For this, baking soda is an excellent ally. By combining this product with hydrogen peroxide, you will see that cleaning white leather or cloth sneakers is much easier than it may seem. These two ingredients will allow you to remove impossible stains.
- Soap bar
- 2 teaspoons de baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 1 thick-bristled brush
- 1 old toothbrush
- Remove the laces from your shoes and wash them with soap and water to remove most of the dirt and let them dry completely.
- In a plastic container, mix baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and water.
- Spread the paste, which should be a bit thick, on the fabric of your sneakers, insisting on the most stained parts and covering them completely. Apply the paste to the shoelaces as well. Use your toothbrush to work the mixture well onto the fabric or leather and rub gently, emphasizing the stained areas. Leave them with the paste for 2 hours so that it has maximum effect.
- Dry the shoes and laces in a sunny place.
- When the paste applied to the shoes is completely dry, shake the remnants of baking soda off the shoes and laces with the coarse bristle brush, which should be completely clean and dry.
- If there are remnants, you can wash the sneakers with water to remove them and let them dry again in the sun.
Salt and milk :
Salt and milk are very powerful natural cleaners. So, if you have doubts about how to wash fabric or leather sneakers, keep in mind that this formula is really effective. To wash white sneakers with salt and milk you will need to follow these simple instructions:
- 1 plastic bucket
- 2 teaspoons of mild detergent
- 5 quart of water
- 1/3 lb. of salt
- 1 quart of whole cow’s milk
- 1 thick-bristled brush
- In the plastic bucket pour 0.5 quart of water, add the milk and salt and mix well.
- Soak the white shoes in the bucket, with the laces, and let them soak for 2 hours.
- Wash the shoes with plenty of water and mild soap.
- Scrub them with the thick-bristled brush while they are still soaked, and you will see how they will whiten right away.
- Finally, rinse them well with plenty of water and let them dry in a dry, well-ventilated place and preferably where there is sunshine. You will see how, after this treatment, your sneakers will look as good as new.