Why Is It Important to Leave The Microwave Door Open For Two Minutes After Use?

Experts adopt this habit, which makes everyday life easier. The principle? Leave the microwave door open for 2 minutes after cooking food. This simple gesture saves you an inconvenience you could well do without. This gesture may seem unusual because the vast majority of people do the opposite. And for good reason, it is recommended to open the door of this household appliance for a few minutes. It will make your life easier!

Why do I need to leave the microwave door open for 2 minutes after reheating food?

Reheating dishes or defrosting frozen meat or dishes has become an automatic daily gesture. While many close the microwave door after use, some experts prefer to leave it open. However, this gesture is far from trivial. Even better, it allows you to avoid an inconvenience that you have probably experienced at least once in your home. This trick is simple and practical and will be a great help in your daily housework.

You may have noticed that after several uses, the walls of the microwave are saturated with grease and that a bad smell comes from this appliance. This phenomenon is quite normal. And for good reason, when heating food splashes on the microwave and this can eventually lead to this nuisance. For this reason, after each cooking process, it is necessary to open the door for a few minutes so that these foul odors dissipate. Two minutes is enough to prevent premature washing of your microwave.

How to get rid of bad odors from a microwave?

If you don’t use this trick, there is a chance that your microwave will have an unpleasant, stubborn odor. Fortunately, you do not have to get your hands on cleaning products that can be harmful to the environment and health.

1- Toothpaste is perfect for removing bad odors

Another unusual use of toothpaste. This oral product has not surprised us yet, because applied to the walls and tray of your microwave, it is an impressive deodorant that will allow you to find a clean appliance.

2- Vinegar is a perfect deodorizer for the microwave

This acid solution diluted with water is an ideal household cleaning product to deodorize your microwave naturally. If you don’t like the smell of white vinegar, you can macerate citrus peels in the solution. Pour it all into a spray bottle and voila!

3- This mixture is great for eliminating microwave odors

First, mix one cup of vinegar with the same amount of water and pour two tablespoons of lemon juice into a bowl. Place this container in your microwave on full power and let the concoction sit for two minutes. Use a damp cloth to wipe down the walls, top, floor and ceiling. An infallible trick to clean your kitchen appliance from top to bottom.

One thing is for sure:

To avoid the bad smells that sometimes appear in this appliance, it costs us nothing to leave the microwave door open for a few minutes.

Load More Posts Loading...No more posts.