Lemon, which has become indispensable both in the kitchen and for the maintenance of the house, always surprises with its incredible benefits. But today we will find out how lemon slices in the oven can solve a common problem. The inconveniences of winter are legion: moisture, mold and insects. But thanks to this trick based on lemon slices, you can put an end to it.
Why is lemon such a popular everyday ingredient?
In particular, thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties, we can easily say that lemon is a valuable ally for our health. Full of vitamin C, lemon helps fight fatigue and aids digestion. In general, lemon has many benefits that can be used in different ways regardless of the season. In addition, using lemon in winter, a time when insects easily invade our homes, keeps them away and gets rid of them . Here’s how to apply this trick step by step.
How to get rid of insects in winter by putting lemon slices in the oven?
- Take one or two lemons and cut them into slices;
- Then place them in a salad bowl or a heatproof bowl;
- Place the bowl in the oven without closing it;
- After a few hours you can close the oven and leave the bowl or salad bowl there, do it between 5 and 15 minutes;
- Heat it between 5 and 15 minutes without burning the lemon slices;
- When the cooking time is over, turn off the oven and leave it open for a few hours.
- Then, the essential oils of the lemon evaporate and this fragrance gradually spreads throughout all the rooms of your house.
In fact, insects hate the smell of lemon, the latter being considered a powerful repellent. So, you can repeat this trick as many times as you like.
More tips to repel insects with lemon
As a natural repellent, lemon can be combined with cloves to fight mosquitoes and flies. To do this, simply cut a few lemons in half and stick a few cloves inside. Then place them near the places where insects breed, namely your balcony or terrace. The smell emitted by this compound will undoubtedly discourage these insects. You can also use other natural repellents such as lemongrass, lemon thyme, lemon verbena and lemon balm. If you grow them in your garden or in pots, these plants will effectively keep all insects away. As you can see, there are natural ingredients that repel insects without resorting to chemicals.