Sweat or antiperspirant clothing are the main causes of the appearance of stains in the underarm area. In addition, over time, these stains tend to make your clothes old and give them an unkempt look, especially if it is a white T-shirt or shirt.
White shirts: this is how you get rid of yellow underarm stains!
If you want to learn how to remove underarm stains on clothes, pay attention to the following tips we offer. With these remedies and techniques you can say goodbye to these unsightly stains and restore your clothes to their color and beautiful image.
There is no more common and effective product for removing stains from clothes than baking soda. Its main power is to soften dirt to facilitate the ultimate removal of stains from any garment. The method of use is simple:
- Mix 4 teaspoons of baking soda in a quarter cup of water.
- Mix the mixture and apply it directly to the stain, using a toothbrush.
- Then, let it sit for an hour before washing the garment as usual.
If you are wondering how to remove sweat stains on clothes, this is one of the most effective remedies, as baking soda is fabulous for yellowish stains on light-colored or colored clothes.
Baking soda and lemon for bleaching
Lemon and baking soda separately are very effective remedies for treating yellowish stains on clothes, but if you use them together the result will be even more amazing.
- Mix four teaspoons of baking soda in half a cup of lemon juice.
- Then, apply it to the armpit area where the stain is located.
- Leave it on for an hour and then wash it as usual in the washing machine.
Baking soda and vinegar
If you are wondering how to remove deodorant stains from clothes, vinegar and baking soda are the quickest and most effective option. We propose another alternative with baking soda: create a paste of baking soda with water and add white vinegar.
Apply this solution to the stained area, previously moistened, and let the paste work until completely dry. Once dry, remove the remains of the paste and wash the garment as usual.
White vinegar, besides giving joy to our salads, vinaigrettes or preserves, is a product with multiple cleaning properties, thanks to its concentration of acetic acid (around 5 percent). So, if you don’t know how to remove yellow from white shirts and underarms, white vinegar is the most effective way to remove them.
- Dilute half a cup of white vinegar in 2 pts of water.
- Then, soak the garment in this solution.
- Leave it on for 40 minutes.
- After this time has elapsed, rinse the garment and see if the stain has disappeared. If not, you can repeat the process once more before washing it as you normally would.
How to remove yellow from white shirts without ruining them? We already know that lemon has multiple cleaning and whitening properties, so we are looking at a very effective solution for removing underarm stains on light-colored garments caused by sweat or lack of perspiration from the garment. Take note of this simple trick: cut the lemon into slices and immerse them in a container of water. Then, place the garment in the container and let it soak for an hour. After that time has elapsed, wash it in the washing machine on its usual cycle.